Covid-19 Health and Safety
Wheelcare Express, Inc. Commitment to Covid-19 Health and Safety
The health and safety of Wheelcare Express, Inc. employees and clients are always our highest priority. Wheelcare Express, Inc. is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and has implemented the following procedures to provide the best quality of care possible:
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces and objects, including door handles and seat belts, before transporting another client.
- Wearing of facemasks for employees and clients.
- Washing hands often with soap and water. Using alcohol-based sanitizers (at least 60 percent alcohol) when that is not possible.
- Wearing disposable gloves during cleaning and dispose after each use.
- Wearing a single pair of disposable patient examination gloves and change gloves if they become torn or contaminated and change between rides.
- Vehicle ventilation in both compartments is on non-recirculating mode to maximize air changes that reduce potentially infectious particles in the vehicle.
- Opening outside air vents in the driver area when transporting clients.
- Encouraging all employees to get vaccinated, including: providing education, scheduling employees for vaccine appointments, and paying for their time to get vaccinated.
- Prescreening clients i.e., asking if they have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or if they have been exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Advising employees and clients to avoid touching their eyes, nose, or mouth with their hands.
- Advising employees and clients to stay home when feeling ill.
- Advising employees and clients to get plenty of rest, drink fluids, eat healthy foods, and manage stress.
These guidelines are based on the most current information available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).